Friday, November 7, 2008

Sad Week!

This has been a sad week. With the economy in the state that it is in we have had a rough few months at work. I work for a background screening company and with all of the hiring freezes right now we haven't had a whole lot of work. Well because of this slow down we had to do a RIF (Reduction in Force) yesterday. I can tell you that this is really hard when you are part of the leadership team that has to choose who goes. We had to choose people on our team that were low performers and in reality the 2 people that we chose were not going to make it even if it were not a RIF but this does not make the decision any easier. Considering it is holiday time, the job market is not great and the economy is in a slump that just makes it that much sadder. This was my very first time being involved in this type of procedure and I realized that this is something that I will never get used to.
In the end I hope everything works out for them and I wish them all the best of luck!

1 comments:

simplyjacy said...

it's difficult to be given that big and hard responsibility of firing someone. i feel for you even if i have not experience being in that shoe.

i wish them well. and i wish your family the best!

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com