Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Here are the rules:
- Take a picture of yourself right NOW!
- DON’T change your clothes, DON’T fix your hair… Just take a picture.
- Post that picture with NO editing.
- Post these instruction with your picture.
- Tag 10 people to do this..
It’s my turn to catch my friends on the spot. I’m tagging: Diana, Hip2bmom, Scrappymommy,Robin's Nest,Blessie, Cheryl, ECL, Grandmotherwren, Tialey and Contrariwise.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Here is hubby, doesn't he look cold!!!
Here is hubby pulling our youngest on a tube tied to the 4wheeler
Here's hubby's mom on the kids sled
Here is our oldest at the beginning of his wipe out on his snowboard
Here is the youngest wiping out
Friday, November 28, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Here is the latest scarf I made for my Mom. I am not thrilled with how it turned out but she will love it anyway.
Monday, November 24, 2008
I am extremely frustrated tonight. I love to crochet but lately I have been trying to find additional crafts to add to my list of "Accomplishments". I just recently taught myself to sew and made new kitchen curtains and they turned out really nice (cheesing).
Here's where the frustration starts. I was not happy with just crocheting and learning to sew, I decided I needed to teach myself to knit as well. Mind you I am a very determined person and I am somebody who is determined to master anything I set my mind to. Well......I picked up a learning to knit kit at Walmart and started to teach myself. After 2 days I am just not getting it. Being the type of person that I am I will keep trying until I learn it but I am not a patient person. I want to master it now, not later. I guess maybe this is my lesson in patience....this should be an interesting learning experience.
This is how I am feeling right about now:
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Incredible crochet pattern link:
Crochet Poet's Pattern Collection
Thursday, November 13, 2008
How is YOUR day going?
1 - First you had trouble getting out of bed
2 - You had a stiff neck
3 - You washed your hair and couldn't do a thing with it
4 - You felt like you had a hangover and you weren't
even drinking last night
5 - Your new diet really doesn't seem to be working out
6 - You pulled a muscle when you tried to exercise
7 - Your new hat looked better on you at the store
8 - You keep losing things
9 - The boss chewed you out at work
10 - You got caught in the rain at lunchtime
11 - Then the lunch you had didn't seem to agree with you
12 - You feel trapped
13 - Uninvited guests showed up at dinnertime
14 - On top of that you think you're coming down with the flu
15 - And finally, you're alone in the house at night when you think you
hear a noise in the basement.
MAYBE TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER!!
Thought for the Day
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, Just pee on it and walk away.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Thanksgiving at HGTV
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Thank you Craftymug!
1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. Nominate 10 other blogs for this award
4. Add links to those blogs
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs
6. Give a reason why you consider their blogs cool
I've chosen 10 blogs to receive this award simply because their blogs deserve this award, they are creative, interesting and very cool!
I'm passing this award on to the following:
Daisy the curly cat
Scrap out loud
Hip to be Mom
Reveries of Simply Jacy
The Modern Mom
Five O'Clock Somewhere
My Beautiful Creations
In the end I hope everything works out for them and I wish them all the best of luck!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
This is them at a Halloween party last night:
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
For so many years I have gone to craft show after craft show and walked around thinking I should sell the things that I have made. Well now I am finally going to do it instead of just thinking about it. I am asking for all the help I can get to make our first experience as successful as possible.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
The combination of dry ice and water in a witch's cauldron is an inexpensive way to create an air of other-worldly magic.
What to Do
To create the spooky scene, purchase dry ice from your local grocery store's seafood department or ice supplier. Using tongs or thick gloves, place the dry ice in a watertight container; cover with water. Warm water will create more smoke, but it will disappear quickly. Cooler water will produce less dense smoke but it will last longer. If the amount of smoke decreases during you party, add more dry ice and water.
These were the most adorable little cats:
Guard your windowsill with a Cat Patrol of acorn squash. All you need is some black paint, cardboard scraps, felt markers, and glitter glue. Children will love to make their own. You could also arrange them on a mantel or scatter them around the house in unexpected places -- peering out of a cupboard, looking down from atop a bureau, behind a door, or even on a coat closet shelf.
You Will Need
Acorn squash in assorted sizes
Black acrylic paint
Scraps of cardboard for ears, eyes, mouths, and whiskers
Glitter glue for whiskers and mouths
Colored markers: yellow, green, blue, and black
Tacky glue or a glue gun to attach ears, whiskers, etc.
Optional: Scraps of foil to line inside of ears (we used purple)
What to Do
1. Paint each squash black and allow to dry thoroughly. It may take two or three coats.
2. Turn the squash so the stem end becomes the nose.
3. From cardboard, draw and cut the following shapes for each: two elongated triangles for ears; two elliptical ovals for eyes; two small ovals for the center of each eye; optional small circles or strips to fit with eye centers as shown in photo; four whiskers, approximately 3 inches x 1/8 inch; an anchor-like shape for the mouth.
4. With markers, color ears black and other features blue, green, yellow or black as desired.
5. Add glitter glue to the whiskers and mouths.
6. Optional: Cut two smaller triangles for each ear (to fit inside the first pair) from purple foil and glue in place.
7. Secure all features to the painted squash with tacky glue or a glue gun.
To set up this suitably spooky scene for partygoers or trick-or-treaters, invite a few of our fiendishly clever spirits. They're easy to make ... glow sticks power these unique ghouls for up to 8 hours, so there's no need for power cords. And they go together in only three short steps ... almost as fast as you can say, "Boo!"
All you need are round, white balloons, cheesecloth cut to lengths of about a yard, and glow sticks. We used green, 4-inch glow sticks, found in party supply stores or on-line.
What to Do
1. Activate a glow stick and insert it into a balloon.
2. Position the knot at the top of the balloon, and use an indelible black marker to draw the eyes and a mouth. .
3. Drape the cheesecloth over the balloon, cut a small hole and push the knot through the fabric. Secure with string and hang in the breeze.